What is Air Duct Sealing?
Air Duct Sealing is the process of measuring the total air loss of a home, and using specialized equipment to locate, quantify and repair the air duct leaks. This makes the thermal envelope as tight and energy efficient as possible.
Common Areas of Air Duct Leakage
- Drafty windows and doors
- Holes or chases that lead down into the house from the attic
- Holes or chases that lead up into the house from the basement
- Gaps around plumbing and electrical penetrations
- Gaps around the dryer vent
- Air leaks around the bathroom or kitchen fan vents
- Air leaks around recessed lights
- Drafty attic door or hatch
- Unsealed chases that open to the attic
- Gaps around the chimney or furnace flue
- Tops of walls that open into the attic space