Air Duct Sealing
What is Air Duct Sealing?
Air Duct Sealing is the process of measuring the Total Air Loss of a home or business, and using specialized equipment to locate, quantify and repair all air duct leaks. This makes the thermal envelope as tight and energy efficient as possible. US Air Contractors Heating & Air Conditioning offers the Air Duct Sealing Service to all its Residential and Commercial customers.
An Air Duct system that is well-designed and properly sealed can make your home more comfortable, energy efficient, and safer.
Sealing and Insulating Ducts can help with common comfort problems, such as rooms that are too hot in the summer or too cold in the winter.
Fumes from household and garden chemicals, insulation particles, and dust can enter your Air Duct System, aggravating asthma and allergy problems. Sealing Air Ducts can help improve Indoor Air Quality by reducing the risk of pollutants entering Air Ducts and circulating through your home.
During normal operation, gas appliances such as water heaters, clothes dryers, and furnaces release combustion gases (like carbon monoxide) through their ventilation systems. Leaky ductwork in your heating and cooling system may cause “backdrafting,” where these gases are drawn back into the living space, rather than expelled to the outdoors. Sealing leaks can minimize this risk.
Leaky ducts can reduce heating and cooling system efficiency by as much as 20 percent. Sealing and insulating ducts increases efficiency, lowers your energy bills, and can often pay for itself in energy savings. Plus, if you’re planning to install new Heating and Cooling equipment, a well-designed and sealed Duct System may allow you to downsize to a smaller, less costly Heating and Cooling System that will provide better Dehumidification.
Protect the Environment
Energy used in our homes often comes from the burning of fossil fuels at power plants, which contributes to smog, acid rain, and climate change. Simply put, the less energy we use in our homes, the less air pollution we generate. By sealing your Air Ducts and reducing the amount of energy necessary to comfortably heat or cool your home, you can reduce the amount of air pollution generated.
Common Areas of Air Duct Leakage
- Drafty windows and doors
- Holes or Chases that lead down into the House from the Attic
- Holes orChases that lead up into the house from the basement
- Gaps around Plumbing and Electrical Penetrations
- Gaps around the Dryer Vent
- Air Duct leakage around the Bathroom or Kitchen Fan Vents
- Air Duct Leakage around Recessed Lights
- Drafty Attic Door or Hatch
- Unsealed Chases that open to the Attic
- Gaps around the Chimney or Furnace Flue
- Tops of Walls that open into the Attic Space
- Once all Air Duct Sealing have been addressed and all areas of Air Duct Leakage have been addressed, you can proceed with the step of Air Balancing. Call US Air Contractors Heating & Air Conditioning at 678-753-4822(HVAC) to consult with our HVAC Duct Sealing expert for your specific application.